Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our Brain... A complex thing

Let me start my blogging experience with a article on our brain. A small incident just made me realize how fast our brain works and how it relate things. Its just a small story. When I am at home I used to leave my mom at the railway station everyday morning. There are two parallel roads to the station of which I usually take only one. The condition of both roads were bad. But now the road which I don’t take is newly laid whereas the usual road is still full of bumps and holes. So me and my mom planned to take the other road from next time and asked my mom to remind me if I forgot. But both of us always forgot. The same happenend today. We crossed that road and took the other road as usual. Just as we encountered the first bump in the old road it struck to both of at the same moment that we missed that road. Just that small bump made its impact on the brain and the within fraction of seconds the brain connected it to the parallel roads and reminded us about the missing the better road. I was just marveled to see how fast our brain reacts. Though its just a small thing to relate it to the previous memories within a second is just a miracle. No doubt our human body is the most complex thing in this world.

No comments: